Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another try at Andromeda

scotty365

Well I cant seem to figure how to stack my jpeg images in registrax properly, this is one that Ive tried to bring the detail out a bit with Photoshop - I really would like some help processing the exposures I got to try and get the most out of my efforts. Ive been reading up on using my setup but somethings come with experience I guess.

image.jpg

As you can see the detail is there but not so evident on the original expo.

Scotty

Okay here are a few of the expo's that I took - Ive had to reduce the image file size in order to upload but if anyone can show me the light as it were I'd be most please.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was having probs with light pollution looking at them now, also the moon was high and cloud was getting worse.

Scotty

They were 20 seconds but two of them were 10-15 seconds . ISO 800, no filters just the camera. I need to learn how to stack Jpegs in Registax - I think Im doing something wrong as the final image appears the same or similar to the original images.

Scotty

Scotty

You really need several subs of 45 secs @ 800 ISO

You could also do with waiting until there is no moon about, it really helps with DSO's.

10 to 20 secs means you're not getting enough detail in the image. If it's not there stacking won't help much

Are you saving the images in the Canon as JPEGs ?

You are better saving them as RAW images and converting them with the Canon software to 16 bit TIF files.

JPEGs are 8 bit images and lose some of the data you've captured.

Since Registax doesn't seem to read the Canon converted TIFs you will have to take them into Photo Shop.

PS will convert them into TIFs that Registax will read, save the files before quitting PS.

Once you've stacked them in Registax save the resultant file in 16 bit TIF form. Then stretch the image in Photo Shop using Levels, or if you have the full PS and not just Eements Levels and Curves.

To post your final image in SGL save it as a JPEG as TIFs are very large files.

Hope this helps.

8)

MD

Archived