Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent moon, Saturn, Venus and Spica

A lovely juxtaposition greeted me this morning, overlooking another fresh carpet of snow.

Venus is the brightest at lower left, Spica lies to the R, and Saturn is above-left of the moon.

And yes - the clouds really are that colour, thanks to the Lights of Aberdeen....

Full shot:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=883&g2_serialNumber=1

Crop:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=879&g2_serialNumber=1

7.23am, 1st December 2010

Canon 450D with Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 lens at 17mm

5 seconds at f/4, ISO 100

Andrew

Really nice shot. Beautifully framed and exposed.

Reminds me that this foul weather had better clear up soon before the moon comes round again. Seems like only yesterday that it was full!

Thank you all for your comments. Also thanks to Tim for a mention in POW :)

I got this in a moment squeezed in before breakfast. Life's just too busy and this kind of snapshot is the only way I can keep my hand in. But I can't complain - it keeps me happy...

I should mention the exposure was boosted a bit as it was shot at ISO100. Perhaps that's why it's quite noisy, but for some reason (I can't remember whether it was because I forgot...) I didn't put it through noise reduction.

Andrew

Archived