Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Omni Plossl Eyepiece Promotion

FLO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see you opted out of the 12mm Gaz, was that because it is too similar to the sizes either side? I don't think I will get the 40mm as it is pushing the exit pupil with my scope. I look forward to hearing your opinion of how they perform ;)

Adz

Think i actually should of tried the 12mm,the 15mm is fine but one thing i dont like is the lack of a nice clean field stop,the edge of the field of view is kind of mushy,not clean,all the rest are fine.I would like to know if the 12mm has a nice defined field stop.

Gaz :p

;) Oh nooooo I just bought a 32 and a 15mm (well my girlfriend bought me the 32mm) hey ho, no more buying for now... mmmm apart from maybe that little case from Maplins?

Hey my thoughts exactly,maplin is 2 mins form my house,meant to get there today to buy one but i had to get back for the footie,on my list for tomorrow:)

Gaz

6,9,12,15,32 or 40? I have taken the plunge on the three I picked and can't wait to see if they improve my gazing... hey, hopefully I have a few years left to upgrade, and when I do I shall look back fondly on my first 'plossl' purchases as I pass them on to a deserving newbie ;) -

Jason, I shall let you know as soon as I can.

P.S I'm working on that 2x Celestron ultima barlow for my birthday... which is March 17th by the way (hint, hint)

Wow, I could not resist the temptation to check out my new Omni Plossls (even though it was only from my flat window)

The 32mm is amazing, the view is really clear and so full of stars! each one of them sooooo sharp with a brilliant view across the whole disc. 15mm equally good and sharp with a clear view but targets obviously closer. The 6mm gives great magnification and bought my targets real close but there is not much lens to look through so a steady eye and scope is required.

I'm am sooooo pleased with my purchases and can't wait to rock up at a viewing pitch soon (just as soon as I can identify one close to home and away from all these street lights!)

Guess what? I'm off to Astrofest Friday/Saturday, can't wait I'm on a mission! On the downside to this glorious hobby is that I'm sleeping less and less than I have even done before :) look at the time eeeeeeeeeeeeeeck

Right looks like I had better not hold out on a purchase any longer! I've worked out that the 40mm for myself is pointless with the exit pupil so I will get the 32 (which people seem to be raving about).

But what about the remaining sizes? There is 6,9,12 and 15. I guess the 15mm is a cert because it is nice lower down from the 32 so that leaves me with the other three... Are they worth the price each considering they are relatively close mags to each other, aren't they...?

Thanks

We are running low of the 6mm, 32mm, 15mm and 40mm. The 6mm will probably have sold out before end of day...

The 6mm and 32mm have sold out, we will continue to offer the remaining focal lengths with 25% discount until Monday 14th.

Thank-you for your support :(

The 6mm and 32mm have sold out, we will continue to offer the remaining focal lengths with 25% discount until Monday 14th.

Noooooooooo!

I was going to get a couple when I get my new scope but I wont get that until the week after. Now I've got to decide whether or not to gamble on which ones to get...

A 150P on the EQ3-2. It was ordered a couple of days ago but I won't be able to use it until a week on Friday as a good chunk of the cost is for my birthday. I've tried negotiating to have it earlier but no joy...

Also Martin said it may not be here for a few days because of all the stock issues caused by Stargazing Live, so even if it is agreed that i get to use it be before the 14th (which I doubt), it may not even be here! And thanks FLO for the service and patience while I was deciding, I really appreciate it.

Consider buying the 9mm and 15mm. The 25mm supplied with your telescope is not bad but the 10mm is weak, in particular it suffers from internal reflections. Please see the attached FOV image (the blue lines show the eyepieces supplied with your Explorer 150p).

Hope that helps :(

post-12699-133877529411_thumb.jpg

Archived