SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Teleskop Service

sbooder

• 1 month later...

I've purchased most of my astro stuffs with them. In the beginning it was mainly because of the amount of choices and reasonable prices.  I got more and more impressed of the efficeiency and service-minded these German. They are easy to talk with, happy to give their opinions about what may suit the customer better, I took the 3A instead of 1.5A power supply by their advice.

They are very easy to deal with if there's any issue: the first UHC filter I got itted all EPs but not HR15, after getting it  confirmed by some e-mail exchange, I just sent back the EP and filter, and got a new set and refund for my return postage.

TS has European price-match on many SW, Celestron and TV products, which is  another good reason for me to buy stuffs there, and they do try to their best to match the prices.

The shipment has always been very quick with tracking, delivery exactly on the day as estimated!

• 4 months later...

After deciding to get a Baader Mark III Zoom for PST, SQM for measuring sky and 1.35" amici for daytime viewing,  I'd been googling around to find good prices for these items, with no surprice, Telescope Service has all the items with best prices in addition to their European best price garantee. Purchasing experience was just as good as before, they recomended SQM-L as a friend had recommended to me, told me that the Baader diagonal needs another adapter, etc. On top of these, I got some discount as kind of a regular cumtomer. Nice.

The items were ready for shipment when  I discovered my mistake in choosing dispatcher, they went through their hundras of parcels to find mine and re-label it and changed it to new dispatcher, excellent service.

I orderd an ST120 with and AZ4 mount before I came over to the UK.

This will be my grab and go when I finally move in May. All arrived safely, well packed and no damage.

I had a chance to set it up over the weekend, I am impressed by the solidity of the OTA. However TS could not arrnage a clear sky so I will have to mark them down on that ... ;-)

This is the second time I have ordered and they sent emails to confirm order and shipping, keeping me informed the whole time.

I will do a first light report when the skies clear.....

• 1 month later...

I'm very annoyed right now.

The story begins back in October 2013 when I ordered a Skywatcher 250PX and some other bits and pieces from Teleskop-Service in Germany to where I am currently in France. I changed the order just prior to it being shipped and the staff were very accommodating. So far, so good. The order arrived with no problem and I didn't think anything of it until, on 7th November 2013, a delivery van turned up with an exact duplicate of my previous order. It consisted of a Skywatcher 250PX in one box with the base in another box. The driver said I had to sign for it and get it sent back to Germany through Teleskop-Service.

I emailed TS and told them what had happened. They told me to print out a label via a link they sent and to take it to the nearest post office. I said that I only had a small car (a Peugeot 106) and asked whether it could be collected as the nearest post office is about 10 miles from where I live. That seemed to fall on stony ground as I received a reply saying "take it to the nearest convenient post office" and advising me to keep the shipping receipt. I was also told that I would receive an email from TS when the duplicate telescope was received by them back in Germany. I never heard anything else from them.

Forwardwind to a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that a barlow lens I ordered from TS had a flaw in one of the lenses. I emailed them and was sent a link with a delivery label. They said to send it back to them and a technician would look at it. If the barlow was found to be faulty I would receive a replacement. I was perfectly happy with that and sent off the barlow lens in a padded envelope.

I didn't hear anything until 11th March when I got an automated email from Teleskop-Service with a tracking number, which I guessed was my barlow coming back to me. I hadn't received any email to say whether it was a replacement or the original. It was supposed to be delivered to me today so I've stayed in waiting. At about 3.30pm this afternoon I got a call from my sister in England to say that she had received a delivery in my name. Yes, it was the barlow lens, sent to the billing address in the UK instead of the delivery address in France. The original telescope was sent to me here in France. The original barlow was sent to me here in France. I sent the barlow back to them from my address in France so I've no idea why it was returned to my billing address in the UK.

Needless to say I am not happy at all. I don't even see the point in emailing them as the barlow is now out of their hands. My sister said she's post it down to me here. It just seems incompetent.

It started when I realised that I needed an RA Gear/Clutch pulley assembly for one of my EQ mounts.

I searched the Net for days, but everything I found was for the All Inclusive Motor Drive Packages.

I don't need more motors, hand sets, cables etc, simply the Gear/Clutch assembly.

These things are apparently as rare as rocking horse poop, or hens teeth if you prefer.

I made a stab in the dark plea to Teleskop-Service over in Germany (I am an existing client) asking if by any chance they had these parts lying around from a possible customer return. S/H would be fine by me.

These parts are NOT sold seperately by SkyWatcher, you have to buy the whole motor drive kit.

A chap called Thomas Sievers wrote back, explaining that they did stock the worm drive gear for the EQ5 and was this the part I wanted?

post-34135-0-06690200-1395087371.jpg

I explained that no it wasn't and further described what I was looking for. (remember we are in different native languages).

Thomas then wrote back with an attached pdf, asking if this was the type of part I was looking for..

post-34135-0-70817800-1395090117_thumb.j

and explained that if so they were able to supply a Vixen part that would perform the same function.

EQ5 is a Vixen clone. It has the same diameter bores on the RA and DEC axes.

post-34135-0-85365300-1395087749.jpg

Price was a bit steep for one clutch @ €45 delivered (approx £59), so I explained that I would be using pulleys and belts (ordered from beltingonline).

However over the W/E Thomas had evidently been having a route around, and this morning sent me a mail stating that he had found not one but two of these RA Clutch assembly pulleys that I could have for the amazing price of €20 inc 20% vat, the pair including P&P.

post-34135-0-29754500-1395088087_thumb.j

Naturally I grabbed his hand off.

Now that is what I call STUNNING SERVICE.

He didn't need to go to this length, I already knew that I was asking a relatively impossible question (there are historic posts on here and other forums about this part and lack of availability).

He could have simply said No!

But he made the effort, and did the research and came up with two solutions to an impossible question.

Try finding this part through Google or Bing, without the reference to Vixen and you won't get any results.

He could also have thought, pah, not much money in this, why bother.

Or, 'OK so I found 2, I'll charge the guy a fortune', but no he didn't.

The emails back and forth with Thomas at Teleskop-Service are testament to what customer satisfaction is all about.

(one thing he did mention, was to carefully check my PayPal latest delivery address because that would be where the computer printed the shipping label to)

Naturally I will happily continue to do business with them.

Happy and impressed.

Richard

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I feel I should share my appreciation over the excellent service we(my wife and I) have received from Telescope Service in Germany during the last month and a bit with orders we have placed to be sent to our place in Spain.

Due to my own clumsiness and impending birthdays we have made 3 separate orders over the last 5 weeks which have included a telescope, a CDD and a glass filter amongst other things all of which have arrived safely and very well packaged.

As mentioned given the distance from Germany to Spain for the sometimes delicate orders to travel I am wholeheartedly impressed with level of care that was taken to ensure they arrived safely and in working order.

Ordering and payment online is a breeze via their website which is not only easy to use but well laid out and they stock a huge variety of astro gear. Something else that should be noted is the display that tells you whether an item is in stock or not seems to be accurate which I know can be an important factor with a purchase.

All orders were processed and ready for dispatch either immediately or the next working morning depending on what time of day the order was placed and I was alerted via email of each step and given the tracking number once out for delivery.

Time taken for delivery was 2 working days at the shortest and 4days at the longest which I consider to be excellent, certainly faster than some local retailers.

Another point that is important to me is you get the option to choose which carrier you want to deliver your packages which means I can always choose UPS who  without a doubt offer the most reliable, no fuss and professional service I have experienced in Spain and they seem to treat the packages with care as all boxes arrived in perfect order, no cuts, bumps or folds in the cardboard.

The standard free Haribo is also a lovely touch.

All in all I am an extremely happy customer with Telescope Service and can highly recommend them to anybody.

For EU wide delivery they are very good and I will gladly use them again and again.

• 6 months later...

Bought a second hand scope, that the original purchaser got from Teleskop-Service.

Subsequently found that the little nylon screws that help secure the focuser had stripped heads. 

Emailed TS and asked whether they had any in stock.

Got an almost immediate reply- Yes they had and they would send me replacements completely free of charge :smiley:

Arrive today and fitted perfectly.

Thankyou Teleskop-Service!

• Like 2

After struggling to find a baader t2 Zeiss prism diagonal in stock in the uk I looked to TS in Germany. They didn't have them in stock but said they would in around 10 days so I ordered online. Sure enough ten days later I recieved an email telling me my diagonal, click lock adaptor and 2" nosepiece were being sent that day. 2 days later they arrived by UPS.

I would recommend them to anyone. Superb communication instant replies to emails and a good saving on uk prices. I will be ordering my baader mkV binos from them.

Been looking to get some microfocusers for my lenses, decided to give TS a try.

Placed an order around 9.00am Wednesday and by 15.15pm had an email saying they were ready to go.

At 20.33pm had another email with the UPS tracking number.

They arrived today at my office around lunchtime with a nice little pack of sweets inside. :grin:

Excellent service from Germany with very good comms all round, thank you TS.

Here are the nice microfocusers.

microfocuser.jpg

• 4 months later...

Last year I utilised the custom build offering of Teleskop Service to make a solar filter for my APM 105 triplet (not trusting my own Blue Peter skills!) using Baader AstroSolar Safety Film and the end product received was finished to a high standard.  In anticipation of the International SunDay on June 21st this year I decided to place an order for a new custom solar filter for my Takahashi FS-60 as it is far easier to carry across London than the 105.

I submitted my order on May 25th and quickly received an email confirming receipt of my order.  However, by June 15th I had not received any updates and with SunDay less than a week away I followed up.  A response arrived the same day stating that they expected a further 10 days before dispatch.  Sadly too long for the SunDay.  At the bottom of the email was a short passage which explained why.  Teleskop Service was moving its business to a new location from the 24th to the 27th of June which I can only imagine was delaying many workshop orders (my 105 solar filter took little more than 2 weeks to arrive).  I may well have missed a notice on the website about the move but it is a shame that potential delays were not prominently forewarned.

The filter was eventually dispatched on June 30th though DHL took seven days to deliver it.  However, the filter is now in my possession and just like the 105 filter, the quality of the finish is excellent.  So overall, a slightly disappointing delay, but highly satisfied with the final product.

• 3 weeks later...

About three months ago, I e-mailed Telescop Service with queries about buying a Baader Auto guider. I had an e-mail exchange over a week or so where their rep (Simon) basically tried to persuade me to buy the more expensive Lacerta MGEN. He was successful but when I agreed to buy the MGEN, he told me they did not have it in stock and were not expecting any for several months. I was quite annoyed that I was persuaded to buy a product they couldn't provide. I purchased it from another supplier.

I now need a coma corrector and thought I would try them again. I again e-mailed them with a question about the product and and was contacted by Simon again. I then asked if they could offer any discount off the web price and was asked for my postal address after which he would make me an offer. I provided the address and the next day he sent me a written offer (as an e-mail attachment) for the same price as being offered on their website. It seemed a strange thing to do.

In all my e-mail dealings with the shop, they have responded consistently to my e-mails but it always takes a minimum of a day for them to reply, even if it could be dealt with much quicker.

I do like their website and their prices are good, but unfortunately my experience with them has been rather frustrating.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have used Teleskop Service a number of times and I must say they are consistently efficient at getting stuff to you quickly. After a hiccup with a UK retailer I ordered a Tele Optic Giro GR-2 Mini late on Christmas Eve and it was delivered this morning. Communication of progress of the order and tracking updates was excellent.

Highly recommended if you need stuff in a hurry and their range of stock for immediate despatch is extremely impressive.

• Like 1

I ordered the 6" claasical Cassegrain telescope on Tuesday as it showed in stock and was a very good price. It was dispatched the same day and arrived here in Cheshire today, which is not bad at all, considering it came from Germany. So far, so good, with only one fly n the ointment, when they demand you order via PayPal, even with a credit card, which added their fee to the transaction. I have not come across this before, but perhaps many do it when converting from Sterling to the Euro.

Good and indeed express service. :smiley:

531105828_DSC_0051-Copy.thumb.JPG.cc91e9ecd411e819e4e58b27c4de780e.JPG

• Like 2

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience of TS over the last 2 week.  Long story short - I've been trying to buy a scope over the last 2 weeks from them, sent them many emails a received emails back from different people each time with conflicting information and none of the questions i have asked them have actually been answered.

So have not been impressed by their customer Service - They are not like FLO, where you ask a questions get answered within 24h

I know things are a bit crazy right now with Covid, but it doesn't stop people from responding to emails properly - So just not impressed by their customer service at all.

Just my 2 Cents

I ordered a Berlebach Astro Tripod Report 372 from TS on Sunday 12th July, but due to an error on my part with Paypal, the order went through twice and was paid twice. TS dealt swiftly and courteously with the refund for the erroneous second order and dispatched the tripod very quickly. I received both parts (tray and tripod) on Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th July 👍

Excellent service and impressive fast delivery from Germany 😀

• Like 1