SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first Horsehead

Uranium235

Hiya,

Last night was a cracking session, apart from the mount losing power 4 times. Its either the cable (which is only 2 months old) or the socket as it goes on and off like a nutter if you wiggle it about a bit. Hmmm... will get the soldering iron to that one.

The horsehead was the final object I got last night, just a quick 30min run as it was getting on for 3am. But it was well worth staying up for.

Gotta say though, it was cold. So cold in fact that frost had made its way all down the inside of the dew shield and into the OTA! The handset was very sluggish too.

IC434: Horsehead Nebula

SW150P, Atik 314L+, Baader 7nm Ha

10x180

No Calibration

Setpoint -10

attachment.php?attachmentid=46824&stc=1&d=1290945664

Thanks for looking :)

post-18171-133877505896_thumb.jpg

Thanks Nadeem, I hope to add colour to it as soon as I get the chance. Its just that I have to wait until 1am here for it to clear the tree next door. Last night was pretty exceptional though... Saturday night + perfect weather + no work the next day.... those nights dont come around often :)

Cracking work mate, nice and deep and good work with the contrast Ha :)

I too was imaging the HH and same as you, need to wait till at least 1am for it to clear neighbours.

This would look great with colour, currently processing mine Flame and HH with LRGB and Ha to the mix.

Archived