That looks pretty, what's that?

Luke

My mum has come out with some classic funny things about astronomy, though bless her for pretending to be interested!

She was looking through one of our astro books and said "that looks nice! What's that? It's very pretty."

"Err, that's the Earth, Mum. You live there." :)

What a pretty planet we do live on, though! Mmm, what's prettier, Earth or Saturn?

I bet a picture of earth from Saturn isn't as pretty as a picture of Saturn from earth, but when you get closer.......mmmmm, earth!

People do say funny things though. My wife said it was remarkable that the ISS doesn't crash into the stars...... :)

My wife said it was remarkable that the ISS doesn't crash into the stars...... :D

:)

Fair play to the relatives for putting up with our hobby, it must seem like lunacy when we get more than one telescope!

I wonder what misconceptions I had before getting interested in this amazing hobby. Mmm, I remember I wasn't sure what the solar system was, which seems a bit daft now, there's a slight clue in the name?

Archived