Its finally got some legs to stand on

I have finally got my CGEM mount after months of waiting and with my C11 being stored away i have been itchin to use it 2 satadays ago i set it up and viewed the half moon it was amazing also got to view jupiter saw some detail the belt but i was useing manually with the clutches and i didnt have the finder scope aligned spot on with scope witch was really annoying the power cable came last week so i tried to align my scope wit 2 star align but the list of stars some i knew but couldnt see because of my house and most of them had names ive never heard of before the summer triangle was right above me but there was no denab vega altair on the list of stars to choose from i couldnt get it to solar system align :) ill try again another night

here is some pics from my mobile

post-19619-133877505732_thumb.jpg

post-19619-133877505738_thumb.jpg

Superb 'scope / mount combo - but given my sig - that's no surprise to anyone.. :D

Have to ask tho - why the ADM Vixen to Losmandy adapter? My C11 came with a Losmandy D-type dovetail fitted natively - so it just plugs straight into the mount with no adpaters required. :)

my c11 has vixen dovetail so to have it on the cgem mount i needed the adapter wish i didnt it cost me £80

What a pain. Never mind - still an absolutely superb 'scope.

With such a big aperture and long focal length it's a great planetary scope and planetary nebulae hunter. M57 in particular practically knocked me off my feet when I first saw it through mine.

I'm currently waiting on Santa for an F6.3 focal reducer and a nice wide 40mm EP for larger targets - can't wait.

Cool down time (thermal currents!) can be an issue, but preparation solves that.

Enjoy!

Archived