Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Big phat Pacman

Uranium235

Hiya,

Just got in from the session and done a quick stack of NGC281. The colour balance is a little off at the moment but its a bit late to be fiddling with that right now. Will tag the Ha version on too.

Had a horrid time with the guiding and ended throwing away a ton of subs, but heres what i managed to squeeze out of what I got.

NGC281

10x300(Ha) 8x240(o3 2x2bin)

attachment.php?attachmentid=46726&stc=1&d=1290736854

attachment.php?attachmentid=46727&stc=1&d=1290736854

Thanks for looking :)

post-18171-13387750529_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877505303_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! :)

The colour one could have been a bit better, but I had to bin the O3 becuase it was getting pretty late (1am), the moon was up, and the cold was starting to bite. It turned out to be a good target anyway as it was on the western side of the meridian (my guiding is always pants in the east.... not sure why).

Note to Artemis caputure users: Ive noticed that if you close the cooler window the software seems to lose track of the CCD temp and it goes into freefall. Its def not the camera but a software glitch I think. I left the cooler window open last night and it was fine all evening.

This is suberb work (that I now appreciate trying to process my data to poor results). Yours is 3 dimensional, smooth and nicely resolved. This cant just be down to using Ha. :)

I can see diffection spikes so what scope are you using, surely not just a SW 150P?

Guiding pants in the east? try preloading the scope balance the other way.

Archived