SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQ3-2 RA Motor Coupling

dear ian,sorry 2 hear your coupling has broken,was it old age?.give optical visual ltd who import skywatcher a call and speak to the tech man robert.shurly he can advise with a spare to buy or help with a source.will check out the web in the mean time,even e-bay.let me know what he says.sincerely oldgeezer

• 9 months later...

Same thing happened to mine last night. It's only 6 months old and has actually only been used maybe five or six times. Extremely annoying! Especially as I have a couple of friends coming around tomorrow night to experiment with long-exposure picture-taking*.

*I don't feel that what I do can justifiably be called "photography"

Assuming its snapped in the middle could you join the two halves by sandwiching them in a jubilee clip or broad cable tie? Its not under too much stress when driving the scope.

It snapped in two places, next to the motor and next to the worm screw. So a small section has actually separated from the drive completely.

Archived