Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The EQ6 - Two specific questions. Can you help?

psychobabbler

Dear Everyone

After a few months of research and help from you guys, it seems a fairly straightforward decision to go for an EQ6 mount. Still deciding about 'scope!

Can those of you with an EQ6 tell me two things?

1. Do the motors work well below zero? I heard they had a max of -5, but up in the wilds of North Scotland it might be colder.

2. How long does the rechargeable battery work for on average, and how long does it take to charge?

That's it - i'm easy pleased. Sorry if this has already been discussed - couldn't find it in any reviews.

Cheers

DC

Ditch the carp Chinese powertank that comes with the EQ6, DC. For £30 you can get a decent 17Ah one which recharges overnight and holds its charge twice as long.

Don't know about the low temperature problem. In this part of Scotland it rarely gets down to -5C, and my HEQ5 is fine just below freezing. I suspect I would freeze over before the mount does. What part of Northern Scotland are you in anyway .... Aberdeenshire, the Black Isle, Sutherland ?????

Tom

Thanks for the help once again, guys.

Albireo - where do you get the other battery from? I'm planning to be up in Skye some of the time and there have been some chilly nights up there, but as you say not often - i just wanted to get a view of the temperature range.

Is the other type of grease easily available?

Cheers

DC

I work with HEQ5 Pro mount in -15C for three hours and I don't have any problems. I also have original grease. About handset I don't now because I have older version which works fine. Only one thing happened - when I turn power on sometimes I have strange signs on LCD, but when I turned power on second time is always OK. I have 17Ah Powertank and in this temperature (-15C) I usually have enough before Powertank.

Saso

Archived