Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

You can blame me for the clouds ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just googled the scope and mount. What a beautiful kit you have there. You have to open it and try it before Christmas day to see if it works. Mrs. Black wont be too happy on Christmas morning if you open it to find it doesnt work and you spit your soother out and roll around the floor in a fit.

Opening it now will save her the heart ache of seeing your little bottom lip quivering and you then bursting into tears.

Mrs Black Knight has agreed that I can have the mount early to use with my 200p, but the ED80 comes for Christmas

Does that mean we have to endure one lot of cloudy skies now (for the mount) and a second lot of cloudy skies at the end of the December (for the ED80):)??

What about being fair to the rest of us????

Does that mean we have to endure one lot of cloudy skies now (for the mount) and a second lot of cloudy skies at the end of the December (for the ED80):)??

What about being fair to the rest of us????

Hehehe, sorry about that :D

Had a look at the ED80, it looks gorgeous ;). Just assembling the NEQ6 now. I need to swap the saddles over to the normal Vixen dovetail saddle which comes in the package. Any idea how I do that?

Hehehe, sorry about that :D

Had a look at the ED80, it looks gorgeous :). Just assembling the NEQ6 now. I need to swap the saddles over to the normal Vixen dovetail saddle which comes in the package. Any idea how I do that?

Never mind, all sorted now. Needed a gauge of Allen key that didn't come with the mount ;)

I've had a lot of gear recently and everytime something has turned up I've had a look of excitement on my face. I then show it to my wife and ask her if she would like to put it away for chrimbo so one of the kids can give it to me.......she never takes it though as she feels she is depriving me of my new toy.

Works like a charm everytime :)

Works like a charm everytime :)

Too late for me to try that, I caved in rather too easily. You can now guarantee that the skies will be cloudy all over Christmas, slightly gutted to say the least.

The biggest problem was when she asked me how much it was. I've managed to change the subject so far, not sure she'll be happy when I tell her it was over £1100.

Sorry to hear that, I cant believe how many dishonest astronomers we have on here.:) My wife always knows well in advance how much things are going to cost......I always get to see the price tags on the thing she buys just so that she can prove how much of a bargain shopper she is.....lol.

Yes your right there, although my wife would see it the other way if I bought something without disclosing the price.

Sometimes I get the arms folded serious face but usually my purchases are considered and well thought out.....well most of the time.

I dont envy you the day you have to fess up, so much easier to get it out in the open from the offset.

I dont envy you the day you have to fess up, so much easier to get it out in the open from the offset.

She'll be ok, fortunately the yearly bonus from work will put a smile on her face. She'll be too busy plotting how to spend some of that in the sales. Anyway, she's been nagging at me for ages to get a hobby, as I see it I just obliged and did her a favour. :)

Archived