1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

Canon EOS EF/ EF-s lens

garethmob

I dont use a scope for imaging anymore and only use lenses.

I have the following lenses, I try not to use EF-S lenses because that would stop me fitting my CLS CCD clip filter inside the camera.

Canon EF 20mm USM, Sigma DG 50mm, Sigma 70-300mm APO, Sigma 170-500mm APO.

These are all used on my Astrotrac setup but I've only had that a couple of weeks so am waiting for first light.

If you going to use a scope for imaging then as Trevor has said, T ring, and T ring to either 2" or 1.25" adapter depending on the focuser on your scope.

Just to add if you go for the 300D you can flash the firmware with a version called the undutchables which pretty much makes the camera a 30D. Mine was already flashed before I got it so I dont know how its done or where to get the firmware from.

Edited by simon84

I dont use a scope for imaging anymore and only use lenses.

I have the following lenses, I try not to use EF-S lenses because that would stop me fitting my CLS CCD clip filter inside the camera.

Canon EF 20mm USM, Sigma DG 50mm, Sigma 70-300mm APO, Sigma 170-500mm APO.

These are all used on my Astrotrac setup but I've only had that a couple of weeks so am waiting for first light.

If you going to use a scope for imaging then as Trevor has said, T ring, and T ring to either 2" or 1.25" adapter depending on the focuser on your scope.

Just to add if you go for the 300D you can flash the firmware with a version called the undutchables which pretty much makes the camera a 30D. Mine was already flashed before I got it so I dont know how its done or where to get the firmware from.

Download the file after registering for the site its hosted at.

Unzip it on to your memory card or transfer it to the root via USB.

power off then power on the camera and it should find the new firmware file and ask you if you want to update the camera.

If it fails or has issues you can use the firmware off the canon site to set it back to normal.

Edited by Earl