Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full Moon

Venus_is_my_friend

I'm sure Roel could give you some pointers, since he is the newly crowned sketchmeister :) but here are my thoughts...

For me i guess maybe more tonal variety might give the image more 'life'. What i mean is that the maria are close to being a single shade of gray, as are some of the white areas and I think that you might be able to give it more zing if you introduced a bit of subtle variation within these areas. Along the same lines maybe lightening the centre and darkening the edge to make it more spherical might give it more realism.

Please get a few other opinions before attacking what is currently a lovely drawing and possibly ruining it though!

hope this helps.

Cheers Chris,

I do see what you mean it does feel like it has three colours to it (almost white, light grey and mid-grey) I have struggled like hell to get the 'pure white' to actually draw pure white and not almost white. I think some areas may need a little shadow working to bring them out more but I am scared of (as you so perfectly put it) attacking it and possibly ruining it.

I had a chat with Mrs Me (she is an digital artist) and she said it may be an idea to do some smaller test pieces of craters or maybe the moon but small, before having a go. So hopefully soon I can upload some more drawings and possibly the final version of this.

Thanks again for your comment it was greatly appreciated,

Neil

That could work, but I was hoping to have the original to frame for my mother for part of her Christmas present.

I had a mess about with the pastels and my brand new blending stump last night. I must say I love the blending stump and I think it is what's needed to polish off my picture, so the job of the day is set :)

Archived