Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pinpoint LE & USNO 2.0a catalogue in starrynight

RyanParle

I'd like to get Pinpoint LE setup so i can perform platesolves from within maxim DL, when looking at the settings dialogue i noticed that the USNO 2.0a catalogue can be used by pinpoint.

This got me thinking... Starrynight ProPlus 6 contains the USNO 2.0a catalogue, so hopefully i dont need to download it. I entered the path to the catalogue in to the pinpont settings and tried a plate solve on an image of m51.

Pinopoint pops up an error "Failed to open the USNO A/SA catalog accelerator file. Check the path to the catalog)

have any of you here managed to get pinpoint to read the catalogue from starrynight?

is this "accelerator" file something i can add to the folder to get things working?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the offer Rich. I have since paid for and downloaded the full version of pinpoint... December was an expensive month, my version of maxim needed updating and the licence given to me by a friend expired at the end of november so that had to be paid for, I ditched Starrynight in favour of The Sky which works with CCD Commander which i also bought a years licence.

all in just under a grand on software!

Glad i've done it all now though, my setup appears to work seamlessly :D

Archived