SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

any events in south east london

Lurker

Hi, Is there any events around London or further south.

I would like to pop along to one of the group with my wife, and My friend is interested in space and is looking to buy a scope. I haven't been observing with a group before.

I have a car so I can drive. Do we need to sleep in a tent or something?

If there is an event nearby could someone point me into the direction.

Thanks, I also have 2 dogs. Would i be able to bring them too?

Guildford AS seem to have a number of nights.

Not sure what else, did read of one that had an evening for helping out. As in bring along your scope that you cannot set up, get right or whatever and they would help. Could have been Guildford again.

Think Mel, Astro-baby, went along, helped several and managed to avoid everyone that organised it. Shy retiring type is Mel.:):eek:;):eek::D

Also think Mel is setting up an SGL group for meet ups down her way. Her way being Redhill/Gatwick, check out the SGL Community section.

There is a club called Adur (or similar) around there as well.

Best from what I have read is probably Guildford, search out there web site and have a read. Say this as they appear o have organised several meetings so seem to be getting it right.

Check out fedastro.org.uk for Astro clubs in general.

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have found guildfordAS, Now I will need to wait when they meet up, Then I will pop along with my wife.

It's about 1 hour and 15 mins with no traffic drive, Which isnt bad.

Thanks again! capcorn.

You might find Croydon Astro Society is a bit closer to you. You can Google their web page. They meet every other Friday night and have an observatory at Kenley by the old WWII airfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might find Croydon Astro Society is a bit closer to you. You can Google their web page. They meet every other Friday night and have an observatory at Kenley by the old WWII airfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even better, Thanks!!! Excellent. I will be contacting them via email later on tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived