Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD + QHY5 Problems

Keiran

Hi all,

Im sure that this is not the first neither will it be the last time you will hear this problem, but i am having major problems with this conmbination.

I have downloaded both of the drivers in under the sticky thread, and i have downloaded PHD. From what i understand, once downladed and installed this should all work together?

So i plug in my QHY5 and open PHD. I click the camera icon and select my camera, now i am assuming it is the ASCOM v5 camera?

Now when i select this the only option it gives me in the ASCOM selector is 'Simulator'...

Am i missing something out?

Thanks in advance

Keiran

Keiran, the software for the QHY5 (v at least) comes in three parts...

1) OS software driver

2) Ascom plugin

3) QGVideo32 capture software

I believe that PHD can recognise the QHY5 as the Qguider directly, so you may not need the Ascom parts. I would suggest that you go to

QHY CCD software Download

and download the latest drivers. I checked the zip that is in the sticky, and it looks like just the OS drivers, you need the Ascom plugin also.

I use the ASCOM drivers. When I select ASCOM, I get the simulator and the QHY5 to choose from.

I installed the QHY5 ascom drivers.

To prevent another problem later on: When you select the mount, if you are going to use pulse guiding with EQMOD, select ASCOM, if you are going to use the QHY5's ST4 port, select "on-camera". The latter is easier, but needs an ST4 cable from camera to mount.

Thanks guys, I have tried it using Qguider, but i couldnt get the mount to move with it. I could see guide stars, but it would not callibrate... Maybe i have a dodgy ST4 cable? Anyone know where to get one of these?

John... I have downloaded all of that software, but maybe not the QGvideo.... Ill have to check

Dmahon... I have downloaded ASCOM, but i will check the link you have.

Thanks Again

Keiran

Archived