Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1.25" 18mm 60 Degree Explorer Dual ED Eyepiece

dlp

I bought the above from 'Sky's The Limit' on the bay, and had a good session with it last night. I'm not experienced enough to post a technical review/comparison, but i just thought I'd say that I'm well pleased with it. I have the 2" SW 28mm, and if anything I thought that the image the 18mm gave was 'nicer'. I spent a good time looking at the moon first, and the image was bitingly sharp. When my eye had recovered I had a good scout round at some clusters and again was well pleased.

For £38 delivered I think I've made a good purchase. I chose the 18mm because (1) I didn't have anything that size, and (2) I'd seen a good review.

Hope this is useful!

David

Link

Thanks for the review, it's always revealing to get observer reports. I have a bst 15mm which is a good eyepiece, but noticed it is at times gives more colour aberration than i would like in meade etx90. For that reason i have replaced my omni 12mm with a william swan 12.5 planetary and not a 12 bst - i'll post my thoughts on the eyepiece when a get a chance to use it!

regards, andrew

Archived