deep sky stacker and .tif files not opening in adobe photoshop

I have used Deep Sky Stacker version 3.3.2 to stack several images and a .tif file is then produced after stacking.

The problem occurs when i try to open up the .tif file ( for final processing )in adobe photoshop cs4. I then get the error message "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (ram)"

I have 8gb ram,,, 70% of this is allocated to photoshop through the preferences menu.

Scratch disc C has 108gb free space.

I am totally mystified. I have tried several tiff file produced in deep sky stacker and none of them will open in photoshop. These files are usually about 90mb.

I am using windows7

Any help would be much appreciated.

Philip

autosave.tif - i think

Or when its finished processing, in the processing box hit 'save picture to file...' and save as a 16bit tiff

open up the autorun.tif file in DSS and then save it as a 16 bit.tif . It will then open in Photoshop. My version CS4 will not open 32 bit files.

• 7 years later...
On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2010 at 17:22, philip57 said:

open up the autorun.tif file in DSS and then save it as a 16 bit.tif . It will then open in Photoshop. My version CS4 will not open 32 bit files.

Sorted the file I was trying to open was 32bit, saved it as 16 bit  opened it up in ps no problem thanks for the help.

Archived