Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webcam Orion Nebula...WIP!

teh_orph

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a stunning result. Would you mind posting a couple of the individual single exposure images that went into this for comparison?

Last spring I took some images of the Trapezium with my SkyWatcher 130mm and the XBox Live Vision webcam. Earlier today I was looking for the images, but can't find them. I'm quite curious how my single images compare - from memory I just had the four stars resolved, but wasn't really aware of the M42 background.

I couldn't find my old Orion M42 / Trapezium images using the Xbox webcam, so took some more. Here's a single shot (cropped and annotated), see blog post for the original uncroped version. Note this was with the original red glass filter, and less than ideal image capture software:

Orion_Trapezium_xbox_webcam_annot.jpeg

I suspect (hope) that teh_orph's raw single shots from the PS3 Eye Camera were much nicer.

• 4 months later...

Archived