Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar 100 have you finished it?

Doc

Hello Doc,

I have, but I am fortunate enough to live in a country where almost every night is clear enough for Lunar observing (but ot for deep sky :)).

I also found it much easier when I started using VMA at the eyepeice. I had a lot of trouble with some, from memory, the Plato Craterlets, Ina (as per your other thread) and L88 Peary crater. I will take a look at my observing log as there were some more that were difficult and get back to you...

I'm stuggling with Peary, Margini swirls, Drygalski, Smythii, and Humboldt and a few more that I can't remeber.

I saw 5 cratlets in Plato and manage to split the large one into two. How many are you meant to see?

Getting hard now into the 70's, a couple of tiddlers on the disk and the rest are all grazing libration jobbies.... get to wait till I decide to observe the moon at the 'right time'..... so could take while. Amazing how easy some are after you finally nail them. I hope we have all learnt some useful lunar geology along the way?!

Cheers

PEter

• 2 weeks later...

the best thing about the Lunar 100 is that although zooming around the craters etc without purpose is enjoyable, you don't learn much really and I was always left slightly unsatisfied. The lunar 100 will help you hone your skills for observing and also for 'star hopping' - crater hopping is remarkably similar. A hunt is always good!

the best thing about the Lunar 100 is that although zooming around the craters etc without purpose is enjoyable, you don't learn much really and I was always left slightly unsatisfied. The lunar 100 will help you hone your skills for observing and also for 'star hopping' - crater hopping is remarkably similar. A hunt is always good!

I like a hunt - bring it on :)

Archived