SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sun 13 Nov in H-alpha

sheri_barri

A very lucky gap with the clouds thinning enough to get a bright image of the Sun yesterday appeared. The thin clouds still passing across the face were fun to watch but not to image! This was the best output before the clouds rolled in thick for the rest of the day.

The thin cloud still is evident despite the stacking routine although I am amazed at how well AviStack was able to cope with the varying brightness as the clouds passed and produced quite an even output considering.

Active areas 1123, 1124, 1125 and 1126 are quite clearly visible as well as several stunning prominences and filaments. Quite an impressive view of the activity on our nearest star!

Thank you for looking.

Sheri

post-15561-133877501874_thumb.jpg

Your images are, as ever truely wonderful Sheri. I wish I could get even half as good as you. Hows Aberdeen for snow and sky, here we have had 2" snow with nice clear patches on and off - unfortunately howver the patio door has frozen well shut!

(PS Was in Banchory not so long ago doing some work, lovely sky at night!)

Archived