Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ring Nebula- Please have a go

Hello processing pro's! :)

I have been trying to get somthing out this difficult object for the last few days but can't seem to get very much.

I know that it is a difficult object to image, i seen that from the individual subs, where it was so small and faint I nearly slewed the scope past it. But i thought it was worth putting it in here for you guys to have a punt.

So the first one is the stacked image unprocessed. Just 25 x 60sec @ ISO800 and 15 darks. Used DSS and 3x Drizzle. Then just opend and re-saved in PS to a JPEG.

The second one I have given my best punt at, But with 2 x drizzle.

I thought having 3 x drizzle might make things easier but it almost looks to me to be a bit more fuzzy? i'm not sure.

Anyway i know it's even more difficult with just a 2MB JPEG but i think i could also email a 8bit compressed tiff to anyone that wants a crack at that.

Any help is always much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

post-19381-13387750185_thumb.jpg

post-19381-133877501856_thumb.jpg

Cheers Jon,

Do you think i am flogging a dead horse trying to get a sharper image out of this? I am still playing with it but I just don't think theres enough data in their to get what i want.

What i want is that star that caused this image to clear up a bit, don't think it's going happen.

Thanks,

Michael

Archived