Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

catastrophe!

vesper

hey all,

its great to be back after I've not been well. I got my first telescope skywatcher skyliner 150p for my birthday (finally) and haven't used it because I've had this operation and can't lift a finger till January, so that means so stargazing. I cant believe this with all the dark and clear skies on the way and no hope of scoping at all. although, I have managed to persuade my dad to take the scope out side for me when I'm a little better. this is my first scope and it's killing me that I can't go out with it. it's typical because I'll finally get out the scope in January and the clouds will come rolling in, I know it.

thanks, vesper. :)

first of all get well soon secondly if its a new scope you wont get to use it for weeks because of the cloud, as you know it dosnt matter when you get the scope the mere fact you have got a new one guarantees poor skies by january most of the worst weather will be out of the way just snow to worry about.

Those stars are going to be there for a long, long, time. The important thing is to get well - don't damage your recovery in a rush to see something that will still be there when you're better. You could spend the time constructing a huge list of things to see come January.

Get well soon!

thanks all,

I know its very cloudy, I keep checking. sorry about that guys, I know that's not great for you either. can't wait to get better though, just have to take it easy. thanks for all your suggestion, I needed to be put back in place.

kelly. :)

Hope you feel better soon. January is a great month to start observing with your scope as the nights are long and the constelations visible at that time are a wonderful sight. Waiting can be frustrating but at least you can read up on the things that you would like to observe when you are ready.

I could be wrong but the weather is usually colder in january but also drier so a little less cloudy with luck.

thanks for all the get well wishes means a lot. waiting is frustrating but I still get out of school. I'm doing all my coursework at home to keep me busy and ready for my exams in January, it's physics if you were interested lol.

kelly :)

Kelly, first and foremost is your recovery, which I, and I am sure all forum members will hope all goes well, secondly is your studies but finally, now the fun bit, you can concentrate on your star maps and any other literature on the subject, draw up a list and have your Dad or Mum visit the local library for you, by the time January comes round you should have a good mental picture of the nigh Sky.

John.

lol guys,

my mum feels so sorry for me she went and ordered 'turn left at Orion' for my Christmas present. but until then I've been studying the red shift effect and the electromagnetic spectrum for my exams and not to mention my Phillips star map and planisphere. I'm trying to get to the window as often as possible in the night to check out Jupiter and the moon, but it's mostly cloudy; sorry about that. thanks to all,

kelly :)

Archived