Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need help finding crater Ina.

Doc

I need help finding the number 99 feature in the Lunar 100.

I'm looking for crater Ina. I know it lies within or near to Lacus Felicitatis which I can find.

VMA doesn't have it neither does the LCA maps.

I really need a decent map to pin point this little crater.

The best help i can offer is via this image by Wes Higgins. Crater Yangel is at bottom left, Lacus Felicitatis is above it, and to it's immediate upper right.

You'll notice that the right portion of Lacus Felicitatis is an uplift. Look at the top center of the uplift. Ina Caldera is the arched depression with the flat bottom.. like the letter 'D' laying on it's side.

Visually it would seem logical to look for it under a very shallow light angle, but an observer in South Carolina says he's seen it several times, all during a waxing Moon a few days after the terminator crossed the area. The window of opportunity is understandably small and (as expected), the seeing needs to be decent. Good luck! :)

And I have found it. Located it with my 4mm Uwan giving me x457 and I saw a D shaped object, couldn't make out if it was raised or depressed. I could also see a couple of objects either hills or craters very near by Ina.

Archived