Narrowband

Forgot the Tank!

George Jones

Just after brunch yesterday, we went to R's place, so that my wife and R could work together on a project. Because I don't drive, I rarely get a chance to set up my kit outside of the city, and R's place has fairly dark skies, so I packed my gear (as well as our daughter) into our little car on the chance that the project work would continue into the evening.

After a pizza supper, went out into the backyard, and was stunned by the sky. Went to the car to unpack, and found the OTA, mount, tripod for the scope, eyepieces, level, bins, tripod for the bins, but no power tank! I remember having the power tank in my hand just before leaving our flat, but, somehow, the tank never made it down the stairs. :D

OK, dob owners, give me some grief! :)

I did, however, get some quality time with my 15x70 bins. The Milky Way, the Double Cluster, the Andromeda Galaxy, and other objects were truly stunning. I have never before viewed the Double Cluster and the Andromeda Galaxy so well-positioned in such dark skies with my 15x70 bins.

Archived