Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which 2" eyepiece

Trevor-Austin

I need 1 more eyepiece for wide angle views of objects like the Pleiades (if possible) , etc.

I have decided on a 2" eyepiece and think I've decided on the Panaviews because of price/performance.

This is being matched to an LX90 8".

Was looking at ebay but Flo seem about the price value so would like to buy from them anyway.

Which would be best as an overall performer, 26, 32 or 38?

Thanks

Seems sensible to me too. My only thought was that maybe you'd be jumping up from a 20mm or something like that, in which case going to the 32mm Panaview might be worthwhile. But as you already have a 1.25" 32mm, the 38mm 2" would be ideal.

I've always tended to be a Newt/refractor person and so i'm not too familiar with the "fine-at-f/10" eyepieces that start to come apart in fast 'scopes, but might be worth seeing if any of the cheaper widefields are any good?

If your budget will allow, I'd highly recommend the Aero ED range from Skywatcher. I have used the 30mm and currently own the 40mm. It works excellently in my F/6 scopes so would be wonderful in an F/10 SCT I would have thought.

I asked FLO for advice on a wide field eyepiece and they recommended the Skywatcher PanaView 2" 38mm. I'll probably go for this but as my Celestron 8SE came with a 1.25" star diagonal I would need to replace this with a 2" one.

Archived