SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Any events / clubs in the Forest of Dean

Penguin

Is anyone aware of events, get-togethers or even a proper club in the Forest of Dean?

I can't find anything on the Web but I'm sure there must be enough people to gather somewhere in a dark clearing occasionally. There are two other markers in the forest on the stargazers map: Mick D and Chris. How would I get in touch with them? Clicking on their names just takes me back to the map.

--- Penguin.

No club in the Forest afaik, closest are probably the Cotswold AS in Chelt/Glos area, and the Monmouth Astronomical Research Society (don't be put off by the name, i think its just designed to be shortened to MARS), in Monmouth.

We (Cotswold AS) have had a couple of camps at Bracelands site, Christchurch, in the past, but not for quite a few years now - none planned at the moment, but if there is interest might organise another one there sometime next year.

/callump

Archived