Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW 250P Flex tube AUTO problems

Hi guys,

I think I've got a problem with my telescope and wondered if the collective wisdom of you all could help me out. I took delivery of my SW 250P flex tube auto from FLO last week (fantastic service BTW). Assembled it with no probs. Tonight was the first time I've used it as the weather's been bad this last week.

I've set my latitude using the drive to get the tube to the right declination and the pressing the SLOW and FAST buttons simulaneously.

The base is on a level surface. With the tube at 0 deg and pointing north, I've turned the power off and then on. Then, using the drive under power, I've driven the telescope in azimuth and then elevation to centre Jupiter in the finder/eyepiece. I've only driven the telescope from North - East then Jupiter and driven in declination upwards, so any gear backlash is removed. Then, I've pressed GUIDE and SLOW simultaneously to track Jupiter and nothing. The GUIDE button flashes regularly, but there's no drive/track and Jupiter tracks out of the FOV.

I've changed power sources - same issue with batteries and power tank. All the fixings on the base are secure and tight, nothing is added to the OTA (which seems in balance) and all the connections are secure.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

It's raining here now!

Archived