SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Weather..... or not :(

garethmob

hey guys. iv ben checking met office all the time each day neally every hour an morning time it says... clear skys but by night its gone rainy an cloudy.

is there any accurate weather sites or anything i really wanna try my DSI an my binos out but i havent had chance cos of the weather its as if when i got my binos FLO sent me a packet of rain clouds too :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gareth - the astronomy page is really hard to find (or i am just a bit of a muppet :D) I ended up going from the main page to google and searching for the link back to astronomy page on metcheck.

I am expecting a clear evening tomorrow over my way. Hmmmmmm

:)

I have a link to a satellite view of the UK weather on my home PC. It shows a loop of the cloud movements over the last couple of hours and gives a good indication of where the weather is going. It can be strangley masochistic watching it as your clear sky is consumed by enough cloud to blot out the sky for a week .:)

Gareth, I wouldn't waste your time on forecasts from the Met Office - very unreliable. The best of the bunch in my opinion is SAT24.com, Satellite Weather Europe. Watch the Clouds and Sun over Europe which gives you a satellite image of the cloud formations ahead of time so at least you know what's coming to help you make a decision as to whether to set up or not!

Clear skies

James

The best of the bunch in my opinion is SAT24.com, Satellite Weather Europe. Watch the Clouds and Sun over Europe which gives you a satellite image of the cloud formations ahead of time so at least you know what's coming to help you make a decision as to whether to set up or not!

Just be careful if/when you're looking at the infrared satellite sequence - low cloud does not show up well on this and might catch you unawares.

I got 3 hours on the Horse's head last night, clouds rolled in around 3.30am. My first imaging session in over a month, amazingly clear for this neck of the woods with stars visible right down to the horizon.

awww :) i missed all tha tonights supposed to be clear hopefully i can see 103p hartley might drive over to somwhere darker!

The gods must be laughing at me :). Spent most of this afternoon setting

Up took darks on dsi brought everything out and with in 10 mins of just pointing telescope clouds rolled in:(. I checked the 24sat n knew they were due but not this early :D

Archived