Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Magnum

M1 & M51, Skywatcher 200p

I off work with a cold so a decided to sort through my hard drive and clear out the junk, when I found a few sets of images that I hadn't stacked yet. Both of these were taken with my SW 200p 8" f5 reflector and my Canon 400D + my old Baader LP filter.

Both were 30mins total exposure @ ISO800 with 5 min subs. Stacked in DSS processed in CS3.

Lee

post-18769-133877499931_thumb.jpg

post-18769-133877499937_thumb.jpg

Really nice images there mate! I have the 200p also,so it's nice to see what other people are achieving with a simialr setup.

I'll have to have a bash at M1 myself and see what I can come up with! Lovely star colour coming through there! I'd be well chuffed!

Matt.

Edited by SlipperySquid

Nice one. I have the SW 200p and want to get into imaging so it was great to see what can be done thanks for posting.

Excellent images. As in the above posts, i have a similar scope so its nice to see what can be achieved in the right hands.

Very nice images Lee, it is surprising how much light you could grasp in 30mins ! You have a fairly dark site I suppose.

Clear skies,

Janos

Loada nice detail and in such a short time.:)

Mike.

Edited by MikeD

Thanks,

Janos no I don't have a very dark site, I am 50ft from the motorway street lights, though the nearest city Canterbury is 7 miles south. its all down to light pollution filter.

Lee