sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Better late than never - images taken in Provence

jarbi

I could finally process some of my images taken in september during our yearly astrocamp, here is a "harvest" of one night ( not even complete ).

1. Horsehead in RGB: taken on 10/09/2010 with a Skywatcher 150/1200 reflector + Canon 350 modded camera + CLS filter, only 6 x 5min exposures ( the Sun was coming up after...)

2. Horsehead version 2: taken on 10/09/2010 with an Orion ED80 + Atik 314L CCD camera + OIII filter, 6 x 5min exposures.

3. Pelican nebula: taken on 10/09/2010 with an Orion ED80 + Atik 314L CCD camera + OIII filter, 18 x 5min exposures.

4. Cocoon nebula: taken on 10/09/2010 with an Orion ED80 + Atik 314L CCD camera + OIII filter, 12 x 5min exposures.

5. Combined image of the Horsehead. I stacked the final image of the Canon and Atik camera with Translate+rotate+scale in Nebulosity, so this way I have 60min of exposure.

The last two pictures show my imaging rig there: 3 scopes + 3camera's + guide scope on HEQ5. The camera's were connected to 3 separate instances of Nebulosity on the same laptop.

It was pretty much on the limit, but worked flawlessly 6 nights long :-)).

All images were captured in Nebulosity ( guided with PHD + EQMOD ) final tweaks in Photoshop.

... and this was only one of the 6 clear nights so there is a lot more to process ;-).

Cheers,

Janos

post-13278-133877499656_thumb.jpg

post-13278-133877499665_thumb.jpg

post-13278-133877499672_thumb.jpg

post-13278-13387749968_thumb.jpg

post-13278-133877499687_thumb.jpg

Edited by jarbi

The photos of my imaging rig didn't fit in the first post, here is goes.

Cables look quiet messy there, but it was already the last day when I started to pack in.

During imaging I was busy with my 16" LB, so there was no chance to get bored :eek:.

cheers,

Janos

post-13278-133877499694_thumb.jpg

post-13278-1338774997_thumb.jpg

Nice Janos, and cables are always messy, especially in photos for some reason!

Where were you based? I'm north of Sisteron, near Orpierre. It would be nice to see you if you are around another time. Feel free to call in.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice

Nice Janos, and cables are always messy, especially in photos for some reason!

Where were you based? I'm north of Sisteron, near Orpierre. It would be nice to see you if you are around another time. Feel free to call in.

Olly

Thanks Olly,

I live in Belgium, but we go to the Provence every year with a group of our astroclub, mostly in september. We always go to the same place, Granchamp, very close to Sisteron I think. Exceptionally I could convince my family to go together there around mid july 2011, maybe you could drop by for a chat or other way around :-). I will PM you details if you like the idea.

cheers,

Janos

Great images janos! love the horsehead, and those natural subtle diffraction spikes! :)

Cool setup too!

Michael

Thanks Michael,

Now that I look at the photos of the rig once again I see also my 16" LB standing at the open door of the shed with green doors, nice memory :D. First time in my life I could see the Horsehead also visually with an H-beta filter through that scope, we had SQM 21,4 skies there !

cheers,

Janos

Edited by jarbi