Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

eye peices nice ones

garethmob

You have 14X and 39X so you have a gap at the higher range to enable you to see all the detail 70mm aperture can show you in the moon, planets & double stars and the brighter nebulae, something around 70X perhaps which would need an eyepiece of 5mm. If the optics are good you might be able to use up to about 120X (3mm eyepiece).

Alternative to getting eyepieces of around 5mm and 3mm you could intead get a 6mm & a 2X barlow to give you 14X, 28X (25mm barlowed), 39X, 58X (6mm) 78X (9mm barlowed), 117X (6mm barlowed),

Alan

Made this list up from various posts, and a little searching:

TV Plossl, 8mm and up, ~£75, SCS.

Orion ED2 ~£75, SCS Astro, Widescreen

Orion ED2 clones, ~£50, Astronomica

Antares WA70, ~£60-70, Rother Valley.

Antares Plossl, ~£20, Rother Valley

WO SWANS, ~£60, FLO

Vixen NPL Plossl, ~£30-40, Sherwoods.

Baader Ortho Pl, ~£75. Modern Astro

Baader Planetary HR, ~£50. Modern Astro

Baader Hyperion, ~£95. Modern Astro

GSO Plossl, ~£32, 365 Astronomy

Lacerta, Platetary, ~£46-48, 365 Astronomy

Kasai Abbe Ortho, ~£72, 365 Astronomy

Picked out ones that I would consider myself and that means not a lot at the £100 mark, mainly £60-80 area.

TV plossl's are always good.

Just picked up some Antares W70's at a very good price (bought abroad). They look excellent but not had the chanceto use them yet.

Have the WO SWANS and they are pretty good.

Suggest that you decide on one variety as that way they should be parfocal, makes swapping eyepieces less hassle.

What scope have you as that will depend what to consider. If an F/5 scope and you want magnification then the TV plossl's probably do not go down enough, same for the WO SWANS. Planetery's may be better if that is the case.

Have fun searching.

You have 14X and 39X so you have a gap at the higher range to enable you to see all the detail 70mm aperture can show you in the moon, planets & double stars and the brighter nebulae, something around 70X perhaps which would need an eyepiece of 5mm. If the optics are good you might be able to use up to about 120X (3mm eyepiece).

Alternative to getting eyepieces of around 5mm and 3mm you could intead get a 6mm & a 2X barlow to give you 14X, 28X (25mm barlowed), 39X, 58X (6mm) 78X (9mm barlowed), 117X (6mm barlowed),

Alan

BTW my reply was just about eyepieces for your ETX. (focal length 350mm),

Alan

thanks alan. i didnt releise there was a difference in the eye peices and my telescope focal lengths. the cloest one (as i said above) is the 9mm starter, i think i may see how a 6mm goes :eek: thanks for the help alan :)

BTW my reply was just about eyepieces for your ETX. (focal length 350mm),

Alan

Archived