SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn over the northwest question

wils07

Hi all as im new at this and have only been started a few weeks my question is...

As this is the month to see saturn when will it be good enough to see over the north west of england?

Im located a few miles north of manchester and can see jupiter very clear to my south east every night but have no idea where to start looking for saturn as i know its a early morning get up to view it.

Cheers Paul

It's low in the South East sky, only 18deg up from the horizon at 06:15. So a good clear view in that direction will be needed. But by the end of the month it should be very easy to spot in the morning sky.

I decided to get up early this morn to see where saturn was and at 4 o`clock it was directly to my east but very low on the horizon. Then by 6 o`lock it was just to my south east but due to weather could not see a thing . Then at 730 it was gone and it did not show on stellarium so do we only get a short window to see saturn and will it get higher the later in the month we go?

Cheers Paul

:eek: Hi wils07 I noticed you have the baader eyepeice 7mm is that

the genuine ortho type I am going to buy one soon and as I

have the same scope well almost... was wondering how it performed

on jupiter oh and dl stellarium it realy is a priceless bit of

software:icon_salut:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sry for the late reply and yes it is the ortho baader it works very well with my 130p and with the 2x barlow the fov in the ep is not that small i find it a good combo as it gets you to 185x.

And back to saturn i managed to see it this morning for the 1st time and it had a nice tilt on it showing the rings. I have had not a lot of luck with the weather up here in the morning as its hilly so get alot of mist early on. But by 630 she was high enough to get a good view for 10 mins or so till it clouded over and i also managed to see venus with a good 3/4 eclipse that seemed very bright but still not bad viewing for my 1st time.

Archived