Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blue Fireball of Oct 6th 2005

OXO

Hi All,

Just made my report to the SPA(Society for Popular Astronomy) regarding what i observed the other day and thought you maybe inetersted to read it?....

Name:James Dyson

Time:01:46 UT

Location in the Sky: 5 Degree's east of Taurus heading down towards Canis Minor.

Apparent Size:Close to the full Moon.(See enclosed Artwork for comparison)

Speed: 3(using the Spa measurements).

Magnitude: -13.5 (Slightly more than the Full Moon)

Seeing Conditions 4/10

Additional Notes: The colour of the Fireball was Blue with a few more Hues of Blue Colours coming from the Flames, White was also observed.There wasn't any smoke trails or sparkling to be seen. No Fragmentation was observed or any form of sound.Noticed that there were shadows being cast from a nearby chimney stack Due to the brightness of the Fireball.

Meteors were observed throughout the Night at a rough estimate of 12P/H beginning at 12.30am up until 1.20am close to Perseus although this information cannot be accurate because my main observing session was of Mars.

James Dyson

Blackpool

image.jpg Image for the Comparison of the Blue Fireball's Size to the Full Moon.

James :)

Certainly are Gaz i have observed a few but none like this one, i was Soooooooo lucky to see it aswell because i had just finished imaging Mars when i looked away from the Laptop had a peek around the sky and seen it :shock:.

The speed measurement is 1 = very slow, 2 = slow, 3 = medium speed, 4 = fast, 5 = very fast.

James :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived