Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

There are a couple of workflow guides on the Pixinsight forums based on calibrating and stacking Canon raw format images :

DSLR_RAW work flow

Workflow for Canon CR2 RAW Formats for Newbies

The first is a couple of video tutorials on the subject, the second offers a basic workflow which is the one I normally keep around for notes. There are in fact a whole bunch of discussions regarding the various gotcha's and oddities you'll run in to so it's worth a browse.

The process could certainly use a more streamlined frontend, however I've found the results to be way beyond anything else I have tried, though I'd be interested in comparing it to CCDStack some time.

Hi

There is the batch format conversion under scripts I think this should work even though I have not tried it with raw files :eek:

Have a go as they say and let me know

Harry

Got lost in the dust here! I use a Nikon DSLR and therefore end up with .NEF (semi-raw) images. Is there a simple process I can get from there to FITS format? I want to try PI integration, so I don't want to stack in anything else first just to produce FIT files.

David

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Hoping to learn and share.

Regarding this thread, I have a question.....I used the tutorial on canon dslr for newbies calibration. I ended up with a strange green colored flat?

I thought flats were supposed to be grayscale. Using this tutorial I converted the canon cr2 raws to fits, then proceeded to create a master bias, master dark, master dark flat, and eventually a master flat. But they are all color files? Is this correct or did I goof somewhere along the way.

Thanks

Cheers

Carlos

That would be normal, don't worry about it, mine are always green, it won't affect the performance of the flat when you use it from my experience.