Hello from Lincolnshire!

Andrew INT

Hi All,

I thought I'd better start by giving a quick hello and intro!

My interest in astronomy was rekindled whilst I was serving in the army during the late 80's. As well as other work, I was trained as an image analyst, looking at 3D military satellite imagery, radar, IR and wet film.

Having got myself injured in 1995 (nothing too nasty :)) I left the army and found time to indulge in some amateur astronomy. From time to time my reservist duty has reared its head, but as of last year, I'm all done and dusted!

My 3 year old son can point out Saturn and is happy to inform anyone within earshot that the rings are made of ice particles. I get a lump in my throat every time he says it!

Baby two is due at the end of the year so my time at the eyepiece this year may well be limited somewhat.

I've been a member of the SPA forum for three or so years, but often find helpful information here too - hence my registration.

Anyway, "hello" once again.

Kind regards, Andrew

Hello Andrew from a fellow 'Yellowbelly', you will find there are several of us from Lincolnshire on here.

We also have an East Midlands section on SGL where you can find items discussed with a more local interest. We are also trying to set up a dark site for group observing in the county if you are interested.

Wow, what a warm welcome - thanks.

Its so nice to join such an active forum. I've been a member of SPA for a while, but the regulars are getting a bit few and far between!

I live in Long Sutton, not too far from the Wash. The sky is not too bad although I have a street light nearby :)(

Thanks again for such a warm welcome.

Archived