Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

couple of skywatcher questions

hi all, i have a couple of questions about my kit,

am prob missing something real simple here but,

i have an neq6 pro synscan mount, trouble is when i set up i can change the rate of slewing, but once i've 3 star aligned and chosen an object (jupiter) i am only able to slew at one speed, makes it difficult to center jupiter for imaging, can you change the rate after set up?

on a different note, i am thinking of changing the focuser on my s/w300p for the new s/w 2speed crayford, will i need to get the drills out or is it a complete retro fit?

cheers,

Chris

Hello there, you should be able to press the rate key, number 2 going by memory and then select a new speed after the scope has slewed to target.

As for the new focuser I believe it is a retro fit, with one off and one on. I've got a single speed moonlite on there at the moment, came with the scope, but I am also thinking of changing over to the SW dual speed.

HTH.

The new focuser will fit on the 300P with no need for drills - when you order though phone up FLO and double check the size for your tube diameter. There's also a low profile dual speed focuser available which I understand is good value.

I'm not familiar with the pro synscan handset - I have the alt/az synscan which I can change the slewing speed. The "rate" button is number 2 on my handset - there should be something similar on yours :)

RE: Focuser

If you get the wide focuser baseplate from Scopes'n'Skies for £2.00 (direct bolt on replacement on the SkyWatcher 300P OTA) then you can use the Revelation crayford from Telescope House. I actually prefer the Revelation crayford over the SW low profile as the SW has a built in extension tube that unfortunately tends to wobble a bit when extended. Better just to use a regular extension tube with the Revelation.

John

just been lookin at a few focusers online, does the s/w 2/speed and low profile 2/speed have direct slr attatchment fittings?

The replacement focusers don't use a "direct SLR attachment" as you simply use the appropriate adaptor for you camera which fits into the fouser. You would still need an adaptor to connect your camera to the "direct SLR attachment" anyway.

Look up T-rings, camera adaptors etc.

John

think i'll have to do a bit of research, problem is if i attach with an adapter i can't get enough inward travel to focus, but with the direct dslr attachment, which screws direct to the t-ring i can just reach focus, hope this makes sense

Archived