Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bloody Idiot

Kain

Lol Don't laugh.

I decided to have a walk up the lane tonight near me, basically to see if I could see any Leonids. Anyway I saw 2 Meteors and a Fireball. The meteors were at zenith near enough, so probably not leonids, but the fireball was in Leo's general direction, so who knows.

Anyway walking up the lane, looking at the sky taking in all the wonders, I tripped over my own feet and fell on the floor, thought 'cack that hurt my hand'

Anyway to cut a long story short, I got home, and I have a 2 inch gash on the palm of my hand, looks like I have cut it on glass or something.

Missus just wrapped it up (Shes a nurse) and she thinks it might need stitches.

Great :D

Kain

A similar thing happened to me on Friday night. I was getting my hopes up all day that the sky would be clear as my replacement EQ5 head cam back that morning. As night fell, it was looking very promising. I was outside in the back garden with the wife, helping her to burn some rubbish, whilst our 2 youngest kids were eating there tea. They started to play up (as they seem to do at tea time), so I rushed in to see what was going on. Well!! stupid me, forgot that I had closed the patio door, to keep out the smoke, and :D. I go straight into the glass patio door and flat on my back. After the wife had finished laughing at me, she shouts for a friend of ours to help me up. Well, to cut the story short, I ended up spending the night in the A&E and had to have 4 stitches in my forehead above my left eye. By the time, we got back from he hospital, at 1.30am, I was so knacker ed, and had a splitting head ache, that I just couldn't be bothered to haul out scope. Which was a shame, as the sky was gloriously clear for once.

So, I can safely say Kain, that I can feel your pain and embarrassment. Hope your hands, feeling better.

Andy

forgot that I had closed the patio door

My wedding photographer did that, needless to say, we where all in fits of hysterics. But we shouldn't laugh, there dangerous things these patio doors! Hope the stitiches are healing nicely... :D

Caz

Perhaps next time you could strap a diaganol on one of your eyes and you will be able to look downwards at the same time :D

Might be a niche in the astro market there, you could re brand one as a metorite observing aid, best not tell telescope House or they will beat you to it. :D

Blimey!

I can see the member numbers decreasing if this carries on :shock:

Glad you got stitched up OK Kain

Andy

At least you must have seen stars when you hit the door :D

You bet I saw :stars:

The worst part about it is the fact that I lived in stoke for 34 years without ever having to have stitches or a broken bone, and then within 2 weeks of moving here, and 3 days after my 35th birthday, I end up with blumming stitches and the worst headache I've had in years. Not to mention the fact that I missed one of the best nights in a long time. Just my luck hey!!!

Andy

Archived