Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

help deciding on ccd

astrokat

ive been saving the pennys ive about 2000 pound to spend on a ccd and set of filter it will be used with the megrez 90 though not sure what to go for i would like some thing like the 383l and maybe a set of 2" filters

any ideas

The 383L and filter wheel on that scope would be a good combo

Have a think about your focuser though, the extra weight will really push a focuser to it's limits, you will get flexure if it can't take it

I'm using 1.25" filters @ F5 and it's fine, as long as you have the filters as close as you can, I'm using a SupaSlim with less than 1mm between that and the 383L but I've heard the EFW2 is a direct connection so should be just as good if not better

Just bear in mind if you switch scopes to something faster than F5 you are really looking at changing to 2" filters

ive got a moon light bud so no problem there ,is it possable just to screw the filters in place or not i figured the filter wheel is just to save changing them over

i cant afford another scope lol

looking at mono just rgb maybe ha aswell

I'm using an SXV-H9 with the Megrez90 & SX Filter Wheel with 1.25ins filters, LRGB, Ha, Hb & OIII). The H9 has amazing sensitivity but multi-spectral imaging takes a long time and I wonder if One Shot Colour CCD's are now getting as good as monchrome.

Don't know about the flattener on that scope-chip. Maybe not since it is quite small. The 314L is a stunning camera and if your focal length is short you can still capture reasonably large objects. When you want to go bigger, get yourself a copy of Registar and get into mosaics!

Olly

Archived