Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The face of Zagut

Quatermass

Took these shots last night with my mobile camera again. Love the crater Zagut thought it looked a bit like ET :) Also had some great views of Orion Nebula the Andromeda galaxy and the moon just next to the constellation of Orion just looked stunning, what a beautiful universe.

5m.jpg

Are these taken just by holding the cam up to the eye piece?

Yep. I have had a few people on face book question ask this question as well. I dont have a nice ccd camera or an SLR as I spent all my dosh on the sky watcher 200p telescope.

I use a Nokia 5530 express music phone checked the box it came in to be sure for you.. the camera specs are...

CAMERA Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash Video,VGA@30fps

All I am doing is holding the phone camera to the eye piece and taking the shots dead simple.

Then just down load to my laptop and put them in photo shop to increase contrast etc. Great fun quick and easy.

But it still leaves me wanting a better camera sigh..:mad:

After I have the photos I love getting back indoors and finding out all about the craters and there names I have learned loads about the moon and look forward to getting out there every night I can and take some more quicky phone snaps.:)

Yep. I have had a few people on face book question ask this question as well. I dont have a nice ccd camera or an SLR as I spent all my dosh on the sky watcher 200p telescope.

I use a Nokia 5530 express music phone checked the box it came in to be sure for you.. the camera specs are...

CAMERA Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash Video,VGA@30fps

All I am doing is holding the phone camera to the eye piece and taking the shots dead simple.

Then just down load to my laptop and put them in photo shop to increase contrast etc. Great fun quick and easy.

But it still leaves me wanting a better camera sigh..:D

After I have the photos I love getting back indoors and finding out all about the craters and there names I have learned loads about the moon and look forward to getting out there every night I can and take some more quicky phone snaps.:mad:

Excellent mate will need to give this a try :)

Glad you like them currently trying to see Saturn but have been beaten by clouds every attempt. Yes I like Dexter almost as good as psycho Mr. Bean on Harry and Paul's comedy, show and vampires are just plain cool. Next thing is to get a webcam and start imaging with that once the moon comes back into view.

Archived