My first two scope accessories

Manok101

Well theres two ways of looking at it really - one is to get an upgrade and then upgrade again etc - kind of little by little. Which is what I always tend to do.

The other school of thought is buy just one expensive upgrade at a time.

I always think purchases are seldom purely rational - if they were no one would ever buy a Ferrari - and what makes you happy is a big part of the equation.

If your happy then it was the right thing to do. Sure the Celestron EPs will be better than what you got with the scope. Not sure why you bought the Baader Moonfilter when theres one in the Celestron kit but other than that I'd say it was sound.

Depending on your scope you may not get much use out of the smallest EP in the kit as its a bit too powerful for most scopes but you do get a nice 32mm, 15mm and a decent Barlow as well as some filters to learn with.

I have the Celestron ep/filter kit and wish I'd got a Revelation one. The Rev is much better value for money (imho) but it's personal - cos I can't use the peephole 4mm and 6mm ep's. Also the barlow's a bit ropey. The Rev has some nice photographic touches. There's only one muti element lens in the Celestron but the adverts make it sound like they're all multi element. If you got it from FLO I'd really look into getting it exchanged for the Rev.

Archived