Large triangle directly overhead?

I've been learning the sky, and lately at about 2 or 3 am direcly over my head there has been a very large constellation over my head in the shape of a triangle, and I am aware that I cannot see all parts of constellations here, what is the likely culprit? I live in Greenville south Carolina.

Yesterday at approximately 2:30 AM Cygnus was actually near the horizon at your location. Looking directly at the zenith, the brightest and closest stars are Capella, Aldebaran and Betelgeuse. I found this using an online planetarium, Sky View Cafe. Look it up on the internet.

Hope this helps!

Well it wasn't part of Orion that was more SE when I saw this, I should have mentioned it was a few days ago this was more northerly and directly overhead. It's been quite bad out weather wise so I haven't gotten a chance to figure out what I saw. Orion when the sky is clear I can see all of. It's one of the few I can see without a scope or binocs.

Archived