The soul nebula

cardconvict

this has been one of the hardest targets i think to process so far i have had this data for nearly a week every time i process i hate the end result but this one is ok.

taken with the ED80 on a eq6 canon 500d full spectrum with a ccd cls astronomik filter.

15 x 10 min subs, darks, flats, bias

5115722996_9aa1aa92c2_b.jpg

The best thing for this one is grab as long a sub exposure of it as you can and then as many as you can

- Lol :-) I have been struggelig with it myself. 10 minute subs are just enough. The nebula is also very uniform in brightness and impossible to process. My nemmesis :-)

Great shot! Nice to see others struggelig with it. I like the processing , very calm and natural.

Lovely. Subtle and eerie. The French mag has a marathon 27 hour Soul this month on its 'Bravo' section of readers' pics. It is stunning. The imager used Ha and O111 as well as RGB and the effort was worth it. Keep going, that's lovely already.

Olly

thanks everyone for your comments, peter i bought the canon 500d for 300 pound and was only six months old. i know some times it can be a gamble to buy camera's second hand but the gamble paid of, i don't put up with noise banding no more like my 450 did so i'am well happy, regarding more subs i'am going to try and go for 20 mins subs RGB, and i have already got 4.5 hours worth of HA data to go on to this.

which is just as hard to process than the RGB data

Archived