I'm cracking up

I've got this focuser on my dob... Skywatcher - Skywatcher Newtonian Focuser 1.25/2 inch (except with the longer eyepiece holders)

and I'm suffering from the notorious disintegrating rubber grip syndrome.

If I were to try to get hold of replacements will they disintegrate again or have Skywatcher ever solved this?

If not has anybody found a better alternative solution than rubber O rings?

I replaced some of those with sections cut from an old bicycle inner tube - I cut them as accurately as possible then stretched them over the wheels so that they sat in the recess that the original grip had occupied.

I replaced some of those with sections cut from an old bicycle inner tube - I cut them as accurately as possible then stretched them over the wheels so that they sat in the recess that the original grip had occupied.

Nice idea. It doesn't help that the metal they used for the knob seems to have similar properties to a non-stick frying pan.

I think I'll switch my avatar to my fav beer too.

Archived