Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First scope - skywatcher 200p or 250px

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) I would have been straight on it my self if it wasn't for the fact I've not long had my 10". I though you may have liked that the 12" has some mods already done so it would have saved you time and money. Although I may have just been adding to confusion after you'd already made up you mind ;)

I must agree with you on carting them around. The wife has an Astra estate but I still have to fold down the rear seat to get the 10" OTA to fit in. Plus there's looking a total fruit bear hugging a big white tube across an empty field.

• 4 weeks later...

It has been a while.... but my 250px has arrived! and it is HUUUGE! well the box is anyway. should be fun trying to shoe horn it into my car.

a detailed first light will follow - hopefully soon. it seemed to be bundled with some free cloud.

It's still in the box! work has been very hectic. being on call is a pain!

i saw one in my local astroshop but i cannot remember it being this big.

it is going to be one fantastic christmas prezzie to myself. need to get that moon filter, flo was out of stock >.<

oh! just a quick shout out to Martin and the team at flo. they were fantastic! i had quite a bit of trouble with my order but they kept me informed every step of the way. Top marks!

Collimating my 250! well after all the posts I thought it would be a nightmare! complete nightmare! by i found a very useful link on youtube of someone going through the motions, it took me literally minutes to get the hang of it.

so a message to similar noobies such as myself, fear not! if i can do it anyone can!

best news of all, I just finished putting it all together and we have a beauty of a clear night tonight in Westbury, hoping to get my first light tonight!

might even see father Christmas himself dashing across the sky, hopefully I wont confuse Rudolph's red nose with a nebula like the red rose.

Cheers

and merry christmas :)

Archived