Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

bcfcciderhead

8" Orion Xti Dobsonian Telescope

What do you guys think of the above scope?

would this over the Skywatcher 200P dob by a wise choice?

I believe Orion (USA) share the same optics as their Skywatcher equivalent. The Xti is compatible with (maybe includes) Orion's "push-to" system which I believe works quite well. Orion products tend to be more expensive in the UK than their Skywatcher counterparts.

Edited by John

The intellisense is included and does work well. Everything I read so far seams to confirm what John said about the optics.

It's a good scope if you want an object locater that works well and only needs a 9v battery.

I have the XT10i, it cost me more than the Skywatcher skyliner 250 and as it's made by the same company (Synta) I presume it has the same optics. But it has the computerised object locator (COL) which makes finding stuff a doddle. You align it by pointing it at two known stars from a list, for example Deneb and Auriga and then your off. It won't GOTO or track but it will tell you how far left or right and up or down you need to push the scope to find what you looking for. As Paulo said all you need is a 9v battery which lasts for ages. The only problem I've had is that when it's freezing cold the display is quite hard to read. Was it worth the extra cost? In my opinion yes.

Thanks guys, so i guess if the optics are the same and with the same aperture the views should be much the same?, i dont want to buy this one and then find out i could have seen more then the Skywatcher

I think you would be very pleased with this scope if you purchased it :)

Mark.

As everyone say's the 2 scope are the same with diffrent badges on um Must admit i may but a dob myself sooner than later

Thanks guys this really helps, as the Skywatcher is so popular i was thinking it must be a better scope, but i guess the big difference in price between the two has something to do with that, the Orion is secound hand but in very good condition and for sale at £250