Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help!! EQ6 Pro SynScan

acme

Hi,

Can I ask if anyone within a 30 mile radius of Derby can help me out..I have an EQ6 Pro with the old SynScan v2 controller, I don’t think it can be reset back to default?? I think it has gone faulty or the motherboard on the mount has a problem.

All I need to do is either test my handset against you mount or your handset to my mine either way it will only take 5 minutes to eliminate the culprit. I just need to confirm is RA/DEC Slew. I have tested both motors in isolation and they are working.

PM if you can help.

Acme

You should be able to check if the handset is functioning by plugging it into the 12v supply you use for the mount. If it is working an error message will come up stating a comms error and the handset is in stand alone mode. If the motors are OK this only leaves the MCB as the faulty component. Connect the mount to a computer via the serial data cable to the handset and drive the mount using Stellarium or CduC. If it doesn't work I would suspect the MCB is faulty.

Peter

Thank's Peter.

I have tried connecting via my laptop as you said, tried through the handset plus I have an EQmod TTL-232R-WE CABLE,USB-TTL,SER CONV,5V,WIRE-END cable to a DSub neither will connect via the Sky6 pro or the free CduC. The FTDI EQmod is a new option, I never had chance to see if it worked.

I will go try 12v to the handset.

Cheers

Acme

Peter

12v and the comms error or no connection displayed on the screen. The thing is the handset works fine apart from the up down arrows, if you press either the handset just locks up.

It's only £100 to replace the MCB but I could do with proving one way or the other before I shell out.

Acme

Thank's Peter.

I have tried connecting via my laptop as you said, tried through the handset plus I have an EQmod TTL-232R-WE CABLE,USB-TTL,SER CONV,5V,WIRE-END cable to a DSub neither will connect via the Sky6 pro or the free CduC. The FTDI EQmod is a new option, I never had chance to see if it worked.

I will go try 12v to the handset.

Cheers

Acme

I think youv'e done all the tests to confirm that the MCB is at fault. Connecting the handset to a 12v supply without the handset connected to the mount will confirm the handset is working.

Peter

Archived