Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Weatherproof outdoor power kit

Helen

I've just bought one of these from B&Q and thought others might find them useful too - you can never be too safe when outside with power and dew and front!

It looks a good deal as it includes a box like this

Masterplug Weatherproof Box WBX-MS, 5015056506289

but with it comes a 4 socket 10m extension lead, a 24hr mechanical timer, and an RCD safety adapter - and all for £19.99 :)

What I like compared with most of the weatherproof boxes I've seen is that it has a latch, rather than being permanently screwed together, so you can still access the plugs and switches.

Helen

Well, i got lucky in the Taunton B+Q.

Originally went in for a dimmable light-bulb for the lounge (How much! Don't even get me started... ended up with a cheap halogen 100w equivalent).

Noticed the outdoor kits (in the Xmas section) at £10 each. So wandered up to the till and the assistant scanned the code as £19.99. I queried it and was told the price was incorrect but as the sale had already gone through it was mine for a tenner.

A small victory maybe, but they all add up!

Archived