Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

peacefrog

Hello

Hello everybody. New member, never a lurker. I only found this forum today after buying my first ever telescope just yesterday. I have been a long time armchair enthusiast, though, if that makes sense?

I'm keen to learn, to absorb, like a sponge, and maybe conversing with and reading some of the knowledgeable and experienced people here might help me do that. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a taker and not a giver. It's just that knowledge wise I don't have that much to give, yet, but I will do whatever I can, as and when I'm able.

Is it standard etiquette to announce what telescope I have? It's a Meade ETX-90PE UHTC. It was the GoTo aspect swung it for me. Very helpful for a beginner.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you and hope I can contribute something to as well as take from the forum. (when I say "take" I mean knowledge, not steal things. You're not going to log on tomorrow and find a bunch of smilies missing):)

Thank you.

Chris/peacefrog.

Hi Chris and welcome to the group :)

Ask any questions you like - plenty of friendly and helpful advice here. The "beginners help" section gets a good response, usually quite quickly, if you start a thread there.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Sheffield eh? Not that far from me. Just over the snake pass. Glossop, Peak District.

Hi Chris,

A very warm welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the forum.

Jiohn.

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum.

Now with every astro purchase comes a little bit of cloud (..its part of the deal) so I just hope they have forgotten to include this element with the boxes and hope that it remains clear for you to get out there and see what you can see!

James (...eagerly awaiting first report)

"first report"? I'm guessing that's a write up of my first nights scoping? Scoping, is that a real term or have I just made it up? Anyway, first report, sounds like homework, only more fun.

I had planned on going out tonight but, it's just a flat blanket of cloud out there. Oh well, better luck tomorrow night. Then I will write up my report and hand it in for perusal.

And thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

Edited by peacefrog

Hello Chris and welcome to SGL from me.

We usually call the first report "first light". Just for your info.

Makes it sound kinda dramatic! :)

Good to have you here.

Mark

Hello chris from another chris, welcome to SGL. Sponges and all other simple lifeforms most welcome :)