Narrowband

Uluru (Ayers Rock): Milky way timelapse

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, that brings back some great memories. The day I stayed there I had breakfast there for sunrise, and then the dinner. It was awesome (like your pics!). So was the thunderstorm that occurred later that night that caused us to retreat from camp, having tasted various delicies, eg croc, skippy.

I loved it there and had I not got married here had plans to emigrate and set up out there doing IT.

Later that night at 4am it was so warm I took to the pool in the hotel.

I was warned however *not* to wander out onto the road with my binoculars, as although it was nice and flat and great for observing away from the hotel, the tarmac was warm, and hence that was where most of snakes were.

Kev

Hi,

thank you all!

Great video :( I love the way the moonset looks just like a sunset with the Milky Way visible!

Yeah, that is my favorite moment, too :)

I was warned however *not* to wander out onto the road with my binoculars, as although it was nice and flat and great for observing away from the hotel, the tarmac was warm, and hence that was where most of snakes were.

Kev

It was truly amazing. And yes, you have to look out for all those crawling creatures on the ground.. Luckily I did not meet one of them at that night :)

Pascal

Absolutely stunning work there Pascal. I had three nights there in August, all with clear skies, but sadly limited to untracked shots. But for much of the time it was enough to lie flat on a bench out in the darkness and watch the milky way turn slowly overhead.

Archived